Example of PV Solar funded by WCC.
1. Verification from leading rating ESG company “Sustainalytics” of conformance of the Partners PV Solar project to the Green Principles of the Capital Markets Association.
- Green Principles include
- Use of Proceeds
- Project Evaluation and Selection
- Management of Proceeds
2. Certification of the green bonds by the Climate Bond Initiative. The Climate Bonds Standard and certification scheme is a fair-trade-like labelling scheme for bonds. Rigorous scientific criteria ensure that it Bonds are consistent with the 2 degrees Celsius warming limit in the Paris Agreement. The Scheme is used globally by bond issues, governments, investors and the financial markets to prioritize investments which genuinely contribute to addressing climate change. The CBI has certified over US$1 trillion of green bonds.
4. WCC will work with Partner to use the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol’s Policy and Action Standard to quantify how much a Partners PV Solar program would reduce the companies greenhouse gas emissions.
- Guidelines for Quantifying GHG Reductions from Grid-Connected Electricity Projects https://ghgprotocol.org/standards/project-protocol
Verification of conformance to green bond principles
Green Pioneer Awards London 2020
Certification for WREL#2
Certification for WREL